Friday, August 3, 2012

Chic Fil A and Donuts

 Since yesterday was Chic Fil A appreciation day Husband texted me on my way to work and asked me to get him and some guys he works with Chic Fil A biscuits. While I was there I also got myself some chicken minis (bad I know). Today my boss texted me and asked if I wanted Chic Fil A, I said "sure, chicken minis would be awesome." 2 days in a row, what the heck is wrong with me???? So I ate the chicken minis. About 10:30am one of the guys that works for our mechanic shows up, like he does every Friday with 2 dozen Krispy Kreme donuts. I knew he was coming because they send them every week, 2 dozen every single Friday. We have 7 people that work in this building but they still send 2 whole freakin dozen. I have fought it for the past 3 Fridays and not eaten a single donut, but today after 2 days of chicken minis, I ate a freakin donut. AGAIN, WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH ME??? Has all of my willpower gone out the window. I am so mad at myself. I don't know what to do.....I have done so well this week. I brought tuna and crackers for lunch, but now I don't want to eat anything for the rest of the day!

 Ok, moving on from my pity party........

 Husband's cousin is in the hospital with kidney failure because of heat exhaustion and dehydration. He went to the ER last evening at 6pm, and nobody called to tell us. You see, he is really like a brother or a son to Husband and I. He is not very close with the rest of the family (and I completely understand why), we are the closest ones with him from that family. We are his daughter's God Parents. Why in the world would his wife not have called us???? It really makes me angry. Anyway, I talked to him this morning, when I found out he was in the hospital, and he said they are keeping him 24-48 hours to pump fluid through him and get his kidneys back operating like they're supposed to.

 It's FRIDAY!!!!!! Thank goodness! I don't think I can take one more day of work this week.

2 comments:

  1. You can't beat yourself up too bad. So you had chick-fil-a two days in a row and succumbed to the donuts. Eat your tuna and crackers and get back on track. You can do this!

    Hope Hubby's cousin is OK!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh - I'd be angry about them not calling either! Rude!

    ReplyDelete