Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Blah Blah Blah

 That's how I feel lately. I am back up to 236lbs. it is my own fault, I haven't been eating the best and I haven't been exercising.

 I went last week to have the mask made for my radiation but they couldn't do it because apparently my humongous boobs got in the way and the machine couldn't read the globes. WTH????? I have TINY boobies. They have it rescheduled for this Friday at another location. Also, they informed me that I have to take adavan (sp) before the appointment. I don't know how I feel about this.....I have a hard time with medication. 2 Tylenol just about knock me out. So therefore, I have to miss a whole day of work plus have someone drive me. I am already sick of this radiation bull malarkey and I haven't even started yet.

 We are having some work done to our house (metal roof, vinyl siding, new windows, and a new deck) so we have had 3 different guys come out to give us estimates. 2 of them gave us similar info on how they would do the job, one of them was totally different. It will be hard to choose who to do it because we like them all.

Tuesday, September 11, 2012


 I didn't blog yesterday, but I did weigh in and was at 234.6lbs. That's a total loss of 58lbs since January. I am super proud if that, although I wish it were higher. I am still dying to try out 9 Rounds. Some friends of mine are doing it and LOVE it. For those that don't know what it is, it's a 30 minute workout with a trainer. You go to 9 different stations in 30 minutes. They say it kicks your butt. I really want to try it. I just feel like it will be a waste of money because I'm not sure I have time. I know during the fall I can't go on Mondays, Wednesdays, or Thursdays, so that only leaves Tuesday, Friday, and Saturday. And 3 days a week is ok with me. BUT......I am about to start the dreaded radiation and that will go for 5 weeks. I just don't know how I am going to feel, so maybe I should just wait until after that.

 I want to make a new goal but I feel like it is a little over ambitious. I would love to be down to 200lbs by the week after Thanksgiving. I go back to the doctor on November 28th, that is 11 weeks, 34lbs in 11weeks is just over 3lbs a week. I don't know if I can do it. One more reason I am interested in 9 Rounds.

 Last night B had a football game at 8pm, it started late and we didn't get home until almost 11pm. I had the Stealth MRI this morning and then came to work. I am dog tired! Tonight she has cheer practice so me and Husband will get some good walking in. We may also play around with some balls......get your minds out of the gutter......TENNIS BALLS. We really don't know how to play tennis, but we run ourselves to death chasing after the balls.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ten Things Thursday

1. I HATE brain tumors. I thought that was a good one to start with!

2. B has her first football game tonight cheering for BR. She has always been a TR cheerleader but since she started BRMS she started BR cheer also.

3. I HATE BR cheerleading, they are so unorganized. As if I'm not busy enough already they decided that having some sort of cheer related activity every day next week is a good idea. Case and point: Cheer Schedule.....Sunday 9-9 practice 2-4pm, Monday 9-10 game at 6pm, Tuesday 9-11 practice 6-8pm, Thursday 9-13 game at 8pm, Friday 9-14 practice 6-8pm, Saturday 9-15 2 games, one at 10am, and the other at 1pm. What the freakin heck is all that about?????

4. Husband is being so sweet to me. I know he's concerned about this stupid radiation, but he's not letting me know he is. Today he told me it's ok to be scared. He normally would never say anything like that.

5. Fingers crossed, I will be getting a new job. Same company, just a new job!!!!

6. It is so humid here and I HATE it.

7. Maybe I should have did 10 things I HATE!!!!!!

8. Husband is working on the race car to get it ready for this weekend. Bless his little heart, he has only raced 3 times this season and it is tearing him up.

9. Middle School......enough said.

10. I am so beyond ready for the weekend. It has been a long stressful week and I'm ready for it to be over!!!!!

Wednesday, September 5, 2012


 This is a downer post......

 So, last week I got the results of my MRI for the tumor. It has grown. Only 1mm in 8 months but still, it has grown. I am not happy about this. I am so sick of this dang tumor!!!! I had surgery for it in April of 2008, didn't get it all, it grew back with avengence. I had surgery again in July of 2011, still couldn't get it all, so now it is still growing. Neurosurgeon said it is an aggressive tumor, it is benign. The tumor is on my pituitary gland, and the part that is still in there is growing up into my brain so the neurosurgeon said more surgery won't help, RADIATION it is. This scares the crap out of me. He said if he tried surgery again (which I DO NOT WANT) he would have to be very aggressive and that would probably damage the pituitary stalk and in turn cause neurological damage. I go today to talk to the Radiation Dr. So, I guess we will have more information this afternoon. Still, I am not happy about it. The neurosurgeon said hopefully it will not grow anymore after this, I'm not convinced, this stupid tumor just won't quit. He also said I will have 2 weeks worth of treatments (Monday-Friday, everyday for 20 minutes), not so bad??? He said I should still be able to work but it will make me very tired.

 I will update this post later with what the radiation doc says.....

 Funny story, last night at cheerleading practice, after Husband and I finished playing tennis (if that's what you want to call it) and walking, we sat down to watch B for a few minutes. The team mom was walking around and I told Husband, "If she dressed for her size, she'd be a pretty nice one." (we always gauk at women and talk about what we like about them) He said, "what do you mean." I said, "she wears clothes that are 3 times too big and she is built pretty good from what I can tell, all I'm saying is if she wore clothes that were actually her size and not her husband's she would look pretty good. She is not a big woman." He then tells me, "Well, Mrs. Fashion Police, why don't you go over there and tell her you're the DOWNSIZED DIVA and you have some pointers for her!" He's so silly!


 Not good news from the radiation dr. First off I was told by my neurosurgeon that I would have 2 weeks of treatments....NOPE.....5 weeks, everyday Monday-Friday. Then, he said there is only an 80% chance that this will work, so after I go through 5 weeks of treatments there is still a 20% chance the tumor will continue to grow. If it keeps growing they can not radiate it again so the only other option would be surgery, which we already know he can't get all of it. Also, it can cause damage to the pituitary glad which can affect my hormones, and it can damage my vision because the pituitary is very close to the optic nerve. The only good news that came out of today is that the tumor is not cancer, not real sure that even counts because we already knew that.

 I know that I have to have faith. And I know that God already has this worked out, but I can't help but worry about it. It really makes me mad!!!!! I feel like I am in a lose lose situation.

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

56lbs GONE!

 As of my weigh in this morning I have lost 56lbs. Normally I weigh in on Mondays, but I got messed up because of the holiday weekend. I did pretty good eating this weekend too. I did eat half a hamburger yesterday but other than that I stayed on course. I am glad to be back at work though, I can keep more of a schedule. I haven't been getting enough water in since I've been off work for 3 days, so back at it today.

 On Friday I went to my surgeon, I got a LITTLE fill. I'm not sure how much because I didn't ask. I am right at the green zone. I have lost 45lbs since the visit before my surgery, that is also before the 2 week liquid diet. I don't go back for 3 months (the week after Thanksgiving). My goal is to be down 25 more pounds by then.