Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Radiation

 Let me just say.....RADIATION SUCKS!!!!!!! I have to go Monday - Friday everyday for 5 weeks.

 Yesterday was my first of 25 treatments. I was scared to death and the only thing I was looking forward to is it being over.  It blew!!!!! I was so tired I could barely get out of bed, and I was sick. I couldn't eat but was vomitting, so we all know how that goes. Today my throat feels raw and I'm still tired. I hope I can make it. They said it shouldn't make me sick, but it's different for everyone. Also they told me yesterday not to lose ANY weight from now until at least a month after the treatments are over. WHAT???? If I can't eat and vomit how am I suppose to maintain my weight, and futhermore I don't want to maintain this weight. This morning I was 235lbs, I really wanted to be 200lbs by the end of this year. Now I feel defeated. I FREAKIN HATE RADIATION!!!!! And brain tumors for that matter. I know that all of this is part of God's plan for my life and that he already has it worked out and that I have to keep my faith in Him, but that doesn't make it suck any less.

 On a happier note, I couldn't be more proud of husband, he was ordained as a deacon Sunday night. He has come a very long way.

4 comments:

  1. I am so sorry that has to totally suck! Good luck on feeling better..awesome news about hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. UGH, sorry you have to go through this. Just take it a day at a time, and you will get through it. I'll be thinking of you and sending good thoughts your way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sending you good vibes and big hugs! Congrats to your husband...that's awesome!

    ReplyDelete